BNAPEX 2017 Calgary
1 - 3 September, 2017
Calgary Hyatt Regency
Calgary, Alberta, a beautiful city located on the banks of the Bow and Elbow Rivers, just 60 minutes from the Rocky mountains, or just a short 3 1/2 hour drive from Edmonton, otherwise it is best to fly. With amenities such as dining, luxurious accommodations and a wealth of four-season outdoor activities, the city has the best of both worlds.
Calgary will be in a festive mood next year, with year-long special events planned to support the 150 years since confederation of Canada. Many of Calgary's cultural cornerstones will be celebrating the 150th centennial next year, including the famous Calgary Stampede.
As part of Canada's 150 year celebration, Admission passes to the Canadian National parks are FREE. Order yours at the following link AT LEAST 8 weeks in Advance. Click www.commandesparcs-parksorders.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/parksb2c
ATTRACTIONS AND THINGS-TO-DO IN THE IMMEDIATE Calgary
1. Heritage Park: in southwest Calgary has steam trains, paddle wheeler, and an early western town
2. Telus World of Science and Calgary Zoo: newly opened in the fall of 2011 this modern facility near the Calgary Zoo has fascinating interactive exhibits
3. GlobalFest: is an incredible cultural experience that takes place 15-26 August. Events including Six different nights of Fireworks competition, Cultural pavillons withehtnic foods and presentations
4. Museums: the Glenbow (art), the Military Museums, the Aero Space Museum, Canada's Sports Hall of Fame, or the Art Gallery of Calgary
5. Bike, Raft, Walk: along the bike trails or on the Bow or Elbow rivers. CalgaryWalks is Calgary's walking tour company. We're longtime Calgarians who love showing locals and visitors alike around our amazing city. Click www.calgarywalks.com
6. The Epcor Centre: is a cultural centre with plays and shows
7. Banff/Lake Louise: Travel 60 to 90 minutes west to get to the Rocky mountains and go hiking or view nearby sites. Walk on the Columbia Icefields (3 hours from Calgary), see the famous Canadian Pacific Spiral tunnels. Hammerhead Scenic Tours offers full-day, half-day, and multi-day tours to the most beautiful and memorable attractions in the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Click www.hammerheadtours.com
8. Shopping: The convention is in the heart of downtown Calgary - stroll the mall of Stephen avenue and shop at the many stores - there is No provincial sales tax here.
Copyright © 2015 - 2018 The British North America Philatelic Society.
The documents on this website are for informational and non-commercial or personal use only.
Documents on this website shall not be used on other websites or for commercial purposes without permission.
This page was last modified on 2017-01-15